Government has Taken Series of Steps to Address Pollution-Related Issues: Environment Minister.
July 20, 2016 00:21 IST | BUSINESS STANDARD | FULL ARTICLE
The major steps being taken by the Government to control pollution inter alia include the following:- .
- Notification of National Ambient Air Quality Standards;
- Promotion of cleaner production processes.
- Launching of National Air Quality index by the Prime Minister in April, 2015; .
- Implementation of Bharat Stage IV (BS-IV) norms in 63 selected cities and universalization of BS-IV by 2017;
- Decision taken to leapfrog directly from BS-IV to BS-VI fuel standards by 1st April, 2020; .
- Taxing polluting vehicles and incentivizing hybrid and electric vehicles; Ban on burning of leaves, biomass, municipal solid waste; etc.
Water - Make It Reach to All Homes, Farms and Factories